Software-defined networking (SDN) applied sciences powered by means of the OpenFlow protocol supply manageable recommendations to handle the bandwidth wishes of next-generation laptop networks. And, due to the fact that many huge enterprises already produce community units that aid the OpenFlow commonplace, there are possibilities if you happen to can deal with complicated and large-scale networks utilizing those technologies.
Network Innovation via OpenFlow and SDN: ideas and layout explains how one can use SDN and OpenFlow to construct networks which are effortless to layout, more cost-effective to construct and function, and extra agile and customizable. one of the first books to systematically deal with the layout elements in SDN/OpenFlow, it offers the insights of professional individuals from around the globe. The book’s 4 sections holiday down uncomplicated ideas, engineering layout, QoS (quality-of-service), and complicated topics.
- Introduces the elemental ideas of SDN/OpenFlow and its purposes in community systems
- Illustrates the whole layout technique of a realistic OpenFlow/SDN
- Addresses the layout concerns which may come up while making use of OpenFlow to cloud computing systems
- Compares a variety of strategies in QoS support
- Provides an outline of effective suggestions to the combination of SDN with optical networks
- Identifies the categories of community assaults that may ensue with OpenFlow and descriptions attainable strategies for overcoming them
Supplying a state of the art examine SDN and OpenFlow, this booklet grants the wide-ranging figuring out required to construct, install, and deal with OpenFlow/SDN items and networks. The book’s accomplished insurance comprises method architectures, language and programming matters, switches, controllers, multimedia help, protection, and community working structures. After interpreting this ebook you'll comprehend what it takes to make a tender transition from traditional networks to SDN/OpenFlow networks.